Objectives: Upon completion of this conference the resident should have an understanding on the use of ocular imaging technologies to detected glaucoma and disease progression and should be able to:
- Describe the principal of operation of ocular imaging technologies including:
- Describe the most useful parameters for glaucoma diagnosis from each imaging technology.
- Describe the most useful parameters for detection of glaucoma progression.
Assignment: Please read:
- Chapter 3 in BCSC book series
- Kotowski J, et al. Imaging of the Optic Nerve and NFL: An Essential Part of Glaucoma Diagnosis and Monitoring. Survey of Ophthalmol 2014; 59: 458-67. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3989459/