- Understand the indications and steps involved in traditional glaucoma fistulizing surgery (e.g., trabs and tubes).
- Create a partial thickness scleral flap of appropriate dimensions for trabeculectomy.
- Insert the ExPress glaucoma shunt under the scleral flap, and suture the flap closed with appropriate tension over the shunt.
- Suture the tube shunt plate (Baerveldt or Ahmed) into the appropriate scleral location.
- Place the tube shunt into the anterior chamber of laboratory eyes.
- Chapters 4, 8, and 39 of Kahook’s recent “Essentials of Glaucoma Surgery” required for the lab (attached). Additional chapters are provided but not required in the attachment.
- Chapter 8
- Glaucoma Incisional Surgery for Open-Angle Glaucomas
- Glaucoma Drainage Device Implantation